Thursday, May 22, 2008

I <3 refs.

Let me just say that every skater should spend time helping the refs and/or reffing themselves every once in a while. Holy crap, what a hard job. A nearby league had its first scrimmage tonight and they were short on refs, so I got to help out. I think I was as nervous as the skaters! I'm sure I totally stumbled my way through it... I know I missed about a million "blocking out of bounds," "forearms," "back blocking," and "elbows" minors and one major that I still can't quite explain or understand. However, I learned SO MUCH tonight that my head is swimming.

After tonight, I don't think I can ever get pissed about a call, no matter how "obvious" I think it is. I don't think I've ever done anything that complicated in my entire life. My hat is so off to you refs out there. How do you keep track of it all?

I had an absolute blast, though. :D

No comments: