Wednesday, March 19, 2008

20... lower... faster.... 19... lower... faster...

In an effort to stop being such a mopey-pants, I’m going to list some things that I did during practice that I’m proud of:

1. After not being able to figure out how to do the "crack on thigh with whip" drill for a few weeks, I have a fairly passable one for the first time ever. Yay!

2. I made it through three rounds of Speedy Dan "20 laps super-fast OMGOMOMG FASTER!!!" training without passing out, vomiting, or stabbing him in both eyes.*

3. I managed a few bursts of speed at times when I was so tired I thought I was going to die (or at least crap my pants a little).

These are in order from smallest to largest victory. 3 is a huge deal for me, and I can go to bed feeling really good about myself. Even though my poor coccyx was on FIRE through the whole thing I didn’t stop, and I even skated harder than I thought I could when I felt my absolute worst.

Even though I’m in pain, I feel good inside. That’s the best feeling ever.

* Don’t get me wrong. I love the guy when I’m not skating in his drills, and after his drills I’m grateful for the training. During the drills though, I want to stab him and stab him and stab him forever.

No comments: